About this blog

Just a quick word with ya'll.
This blog is for a creative writing class. (It is a pretty cool class.) Beware though I love sarcasm. So most of my stuff is sarcastic and sarky. I poke fun at things and feelings I have so don't take everything super serious.
I'm so far having tons of fun with this blog, and I hope that you have fun too, with my sense of mocking humor.

Monday, September 24, 2012

Terrify me

The one thing we all got in common
I'm afraid, your afraid.

That thing that makes your body Numb
Yet sets every nerve is on fire

         hairs are standing up on end

Breathing shallow, shaking with each intake of new air.
Heart is fluttering about trying to escape its bony cage.
Goosebumps creep everywhere, chill edging into you soul.

You can try to deny it. Or hide it.
But it will just sit there like a dead weight on you.

Me? Yeah, I'm afraid.

I'm afraid of ignored. 
Who's that person? Forever and always.
I have a NAME!

Saying the wrong thing.
People remember that more than your brilliant and witty remarks
Is it just me? Am I paranoid?

I'm afraid of dreams.
Your Falling
                        falling
                                 falling...
                                          You try and wake up before you hit the ground. But you just hit it
anyways

I'm afraid that one day I'll wake up and be five again, and this life was a lie and a fake
(It was all just a dream.)

I'm Afraid someone is always Watching (Looking) Seeing (Examining) me.
I'm not some interesting play thing!
   
I'm afraid of being wrong 
that angel wings I thought I had
Were really demonic ones instead.

I'm afraid of losing my parents, of losing
My family.
I'm afraid I won't care if I did lose them.

I'm afraid I'm the monster I've been afraid of.
I'm afraid that my heart that beats is frozen solid 
That maybe it never was beating in the first place.
That everything I feel is something made up by others
And that I'm imagining it cause I have no heart

I'm afraid of being not good enough
To others 
But mostly Not good enough for my self.

I'm afraid that I'm not going to see the light
And be alone in the suffocating darkness
Forever...

We're all afraid of each other, ourselves
Things, ideas
But at least we all can comfort each other 
Because we all have something in common...

4 comments:


  1. Me? Yeah, I'm afraid.

    I love this line.

    ReplyDelete
  2. "because we all have something in common..."
    holy moly, that is crazy. wow. woah. what what? uyt pyute and gochute

    ReplyDelete
  3. I like that you are experimenting, but I think the formatting makes this post a little hard to read. But it is a really cool idea. And message. Keep writing!

    ReplyDelete
  4. I like the layout of this post, it's really creative.

    ReplyDelete